To continue with my carrot themed recipes, here is one for cookies. However, when I made these I realized the title of the recipe was a lie! These have the texture and taste of a cake much more than a cookie but still super good. Enjoy!
· 1 cup butter
· 1 cup grated carrots
· 2 cup flour
· 1 tsp. vanilla
· ¾ cup sugar
· 1 egg
· 2 tsp. baking soda
· ¼ tsp. salt
· ½ c. juice from orange
· 1 Tbsp. orange zest
· 2 c. powdered sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar together.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined.
4. Grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
5. Drop cookies on cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Oven times may vary.
7. Mix together frosting ingredients while cookies are baking.
8. Remove cookies and let cool on a wire rack.
9. Frost the cookies with frosting when cookies have cooled.