I am a collector of quotes, I find them inspiring and nurturing. I have a file of them on my laptop which I go to every now and again for inspiration and comfort. I am especially a fan of Winnie The Pooh quotes. They transcend time, are classic and are still relevant today. As an aside, when we lived in Oxfordshire, England we were near A.A.Milne's home. We would go to Whittenham Clumps when Joe was small and teach him to play pooh sticks. It was a special time.
Here a few of my favorites Winnie the Pooh quotes.
- Sometimes the smallest things take up the largest part in your heart.
- As soon as I saw you I knew a great adventure was about to happen.
- Will we be friends for ever said Piglet, longer said Pooh.
- How do you spell love? You don’t spell it you feel it.
- When all else fails- take a nap.
- Yes Piglet? Nothing said Piglet I just wanted to be sure of you.
- It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine.
- Could be worse, not sure how, but it could be.
- The nicest thing about rain is that it stops eventually.
And my favorite:
You are braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.
Ok now onto other stuff. As a flawed individual I have many faults, they could be interpreted as vices or guilty pleasures. I try and keep most of them under control, but heck it’s not that healthy to live a life pure as the driven snow. Balance is an important aspect of life so I don’t beat myself up too much.
- As a self-proclaimed vegan/vegetarian, I have a weakness for sausage. Don’t judge me.
- As a self-proclaimed vegan/vegetarian, I have a weakness for cheese.
- I like to watch reruns of The Kardashians, I find it very entertaining.
- I have an Amazon habit, it’s just too easy to push that buy button when your cart has something in it.
- Books, I rarely deny myself from buying a book. Every now and then I donate boxes of them. Why? So, I have room for more books!
- When making cupcakes I always leave some batter in the bowl to sample.
- I am addicted to Netflix, my favorite genre is crime series, animated movies and documentaries on nutrition. It’s important to have diverse choices!
- I am OCD about cleaning and tidying up. This irritates my family to no end when I put that item that they need right now in some drawer or closet I cannot remember - oops.
- I love NFL football. During the football season, it is not unusual on a Sunday afternoon to find me watching four games back to back while I grade papers and make a big Sunday dinner. Favorite team, the Green Bay Packers, a throwback to when we lived in Wisconsin.
I am sure there are more, but really, that is enough to consider right now. Life is up and down with quotes and guilty pleasures but it is never boring.
Have/be a good day,